- Job Title: Chief Scientific Officer (CSO)
- Company: Vertical Wellness, Inc.
- Specialization: Vertical Wellness is a leading multi-national, vertically-integrated brand company in the Hemp-based CBD industry. Headquartered in California, Vertical Wellness has operations in AZ, CA and KY. Vertical is led by an executive team of entrepreneurs and business leaders from the alcohol beverage, agriculture, CPG, distribution, entertainment, food, healthcare, and medical industries.
- Website: www.vertical-wellness.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/levandarjania/
Dr. Levan Darjania holds the position of Chief Scientific Officer at VERTICAL Wellness since August 12 of 2019. Dr. Darjania will oversee all science-related projects at the Company. The VERTICAL science team develops innovative products for the medical, wellness and adult consumer markets and focuses on delivering industry-leading results in terms of consistency, quality and efficiency.
Before joining VERTICAL, Dr. Levan Darjania served as Vice President of Project Analysis and R&D, overseeing global due diligence and R&D at MJNA Group affiliated companies, operating in the industrial hemp space in USA, EU, and Latin American countries through its subsidiaries.
Dr. Darjania brings more than 25 years of experience in both pre-clinical and clinical development and has worked in multiple therapeutic areas with a focus and extensive experience in cancer diseases, advanced formulation, bioanalysis, metabolism, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
Prior to moving into hemp-based nutraceutical industry, as a Director of DMPK at Wellspring Biosciences, Inc. (J&J affiliated biotech company). Dr. Darjania oversaw multiple preclinical and first-in-human clinical studies (Phase I) with successful FDA regulatory submissions. Previously, Dr. Darjania held scientific and R&D positions of increasing responsibility at Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Intellikine Inc, Cylene Pharmaceuticals, Anadys Pharmaceuticals and Alerion Biomedical where he supported both preclinical and clinical programs in oncology, metabolic disease and antiviral (HCV/HIV) areas.
Prior joining a biotech-pharma industry, Dr. Darjania conducted extensive academic research at The University of Texas at Austin, Technological Research Center for Renewable Resources (CERZOS)-Buenos Aires-Argentina and A.N. Bach Institute of Biochemistry (ex-USSR) in the areas of plant biochemistry, lipid-terpene metabolism, and bio-therapeutic mechanisms.
Dr. Levan Darjania is an author or co-author of more than 30 peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and is an inventor on several granted patent applications.
Dr. Darjania has completed his:
- post-doctoral research work at the Department of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology at The University of Texas at Austin
- and earned his Ph.D. degree in plant biochemistry from Moscow Institute of Biochemistry at The Science Academy of ex-USSR.